Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday's Adventures

So today was probably the longest day of school ever. It took forever for it to end it was crazy. But it did fnally end and that was exciting because it is a three day weekend. Yes!!! I have had three weeks of school this year and I am already done. But that wasn't the worst part of the day. It was when my mom sent me and Shelbi on an errand to go to a Target to pick up something from my mom's friend Lisa Geiser. Well we got lost because we listened to the GPS, weird huh? Well we did finally get there after an agrument on the phone between my sister and my mom while I was getting directions on a different phone. It was and interesting afternoon but when we got there we was a couple whose car had boken down we think from a dead battery so we gave them a jump. Well if we had not gotten lost or had just gone home we wouldn't have been able to help them so I guess that we are really put in these positions and places for a reason and we need to decide whether we are going to do the right thing or not. There is always an opportunity to do good we just need to look for them. After all the frustration and anger because we really had known how to get there but had wrong directions, we discovered why we had to go though all of it to be put in a situation where we were given the opportunity of giving service to others who were having a worse day than we were. They had been there for a while and people had just kept driving by and not even noticing that they needed help because they either didn't care or they didn't "have time". When these choices are laid out in front of you, you choose which one you take and pray it was the right one. But which one do you know is right and which one are you trying to justify? This is what you really should be asking yourself when you happen into situations like this. Just remember we are not here to justify the wrongs, we are here to make right what's wrong.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Maymay!
You are wise beyond your years! You must be my sister! HEHEHE! You totally got all that from me! .........ok probably not but I like to pretend I had a hand in how you turned out! It makes me feel good anyways! You're awesome and I love you lots and miss you more!