.jpg)
This summer I have been gone a lot. My first little adventure was at Girls Camp the Friday after school let out. Unfortunately, on May 16, one of my friends past away due to an off-roading accident. This made my Girls camp experience a little bit difficult but in the end it was worth going. After Girls camp, my summer was a little slow for a few weeks but on June 16, I left for EFY or Especially For Youth. This was one of my greatest summer experiences. Not only do you get to meet new and great people, but you get to experience a connection between them because they maintain the same standards and it is easier to be yourself around them. This connection creates a bond between the youth. EFY is a week long and during that suprisingly short week, you participate in classes and service projects as well as dances and programs where you meet new people and learn about the Church. After my EFY experience I was home for on day then I left for California to camp on the beach for a week. During that week I got a serious sunburn which eventually turned into a tan after I was peeling for about a week. My family went to the beach with our neighbors, the Browns, and one of my sister's friends named Kristen. We also brought my sister Heather, who currently lives in Tucson with her husband David. They were married on April 12, 2008 in The Mesa, Arizona Temple. Also there at the beach was the Colyar family who had been there two weeks before we got there. At the beach I boogie boarding and we built sand castles. After my beach adventure I was home for a few weeks and then I left with the Browns to go to Colorado for a week and I just got back yesterday at about two in the morning. In Colorado We went to purgatory on Monday, River rafting on Tuesday, We spent the day at a lake on Wednesday, and on thursday we just stayed at the campsite. (oh yeah, did I mention we were camping?) We left Thursday night which is why I got home so late or early I guess. A few minutes after I got home my sister came home with her friends who had gone to see the new Batman movie at midnight. So her friends spent the night and we never went to sleep so at about 6:40 in the morning we went to QT to get drinks. Earlier in the week I discovered that I had a sleeping problem because the only night I slept good was the one where I took tylenol PM for my "back pain". So yesterday I had been awake for over 24 hours which left me a whiny mess for my mom.



1 comment:
Good job Maegan! I am glad that you had fun in Colorado and are back safe. Be nice to your mom today:)! Love you Mae Mae.
Post a Comment